Saturday, July 24, 2010

Casey James Song of the Day #8 -- Dreams/The Cranberries

Casey Tweeted this afternoon the Song of the Day for yesterday, Miranda Lambert, White Liar, and the Song of the Day for today, Dreams by The Cranberries. There is a God -- I love The Cranberries!

Does any female singer have as unique a voice as Dolores O'Riordan? No, the answer, is no. I love her heavily accented, powerful yet angelic voice. My favorite Cranberries song may be Salvation or Zombie, but I also love Linger. That so much power and passion can come out of someone so tiny is a miracle to behold.  She is one of the most underrated performers from the 90s and this band should have been much bigger than they were. 

The Cranberries, for the uninitiated, are an Irish rock band that formed in 1989. They took a hiatus for a few years from 2004-2008 while O'Riordan pursued a solo effort and some collaborations. They reunited last year. They were at the forefront of the alternative music genre, one of the few such bands to be led by a female singer.

Here is Dreams:


Extra credit: Salvation
"To all those people doing lines, don't do it...To all the kids with heroin eyes, don't do it...Salvation is free.")


Extra, extra credit: Zombie


Extra, extra, extra credit: Linger
"I'm such a fool for you...."

7 comments:

  1. Where's my girl Miranda Lambert's video? She has an amazing voice and plays a pink guitar! I can so see Casey diggin' her music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @CJFan_Audrey (Twitter)July 24, 2010 at 6:02 PM

    Like you I was SO excited to see Casey actually listened to The Cranberries. This has been the only SOTD that I actually listened to and loved the Band. This is my kind of folk music :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I freakin' LOVE the Cranberries. I can go into a sort of trance listening to Zombie... not a good thing while driving on the NJ Turnpike (trust me on this one). "Dreams" is such a beautiful, haunting love song.

    -MaryS-NJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Casey picked the song "Dreams" as our #8 song because of the words, not the music. I believe these words sum up Casey's feelings to his fans; its his hidden message. It is a song of love for his fans that they have made it possible for him to be where he is at this moment and now is at a point where he can make his dreams come true. That's my impression, and in response I have to say we love you too, Casey, MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Dreams" was one of the background music throughout the movie "You Got Mail" and I loved it. It is wonderfully beautiful and very refreshing.
    Good Choice, Casey!!!

    ReplyDelete



  6. Ahhh, (((Dreams)))
    Immersed in O'Riordan's vocals...
    A radiant, unique, voice. Of almost divine benignity!
    Thank you for the songs, Casey and Shari!



    Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. caseymeltsmyheartJuly 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM

    Ah Lucy you beat me to it! :D Yup this song is one of my all-time faves and I always associate it with You've Got Mail (coz I love that movie too). The Cranberries is like roots to me, their music came out when I was growing up and learning to play the guitar. I love how varied Casey's music taste is, he's just true to his word that whatever genre a certain song is in, if it's good he'll listen to it. Love Casey much!

    ReplyDelete