Monday, August 16, 2010

Casey James and the American Idol Tour in San Diego, CA

San Diego is a beautiful city and I would go down there more often, but sometime in the last decade they seem to have moved the city another hour away.  I swear it used to take just two hours to drive down there in the past, now it's a half-day trip.  The idol tour was at the Viejas Arena which, if I remember high school Spanish, means old arena.  Not the most dynamic name for a concert venue

Here's another of my cheesy segues -- you know what is dynamic?  Casey James on the stage.  He has a blast playing before an audience and is a joy to watch.  He's changing up his vocals and his approach to the stage and growing by leaps and bounds.  But how do I know that -- not thanks to the fans at the SD concert who apparently too busy enjoying themselves to think about the rest of us.  I have to rely on fans from the surrounding concerts in LA and Mountain View for his info.  This is the only video I have so far from San Diego!

HYERLAW


Casey spoke briefly with Fox5 San Diego about being in their city: 
Idol Casey James said he visited the Midway, but we wanted to know where is the strangest place James has been recognized.


"Definitely the strangest or most awkward place I've ever been recognized was in a men's' bathroom. I was like, 'Yeah, it's me man,'" said James. "I was like, 'Good to meet you we'll shake later.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment