Sunday, August 15, 2010

Casey James and the American Idol Tour in Mountain View, CA

I've lived in Los Angeles my whole life and I have no idea where Mountain View is.  But thanks to Google, I can tell you it's in the San Francisco area.  The concert was held at an outdoor venue, the Shoreline Amphitheatre on August 14. 

I Got Mine

Video courtesy of Polina__

Don't


Reviews of Casey James:
From Blog Critics:   He opened his set with The Black Keys’ “I Got Mine,” and showed why he’s probably the most talented guitar player to ever hit the Idol stage.  His second song, Shania Twain’s “Don’t” proved why James will probably do very well as a country artist. A bit of twang could be detected in his voice throughout the song. It was probably the best vocal of the night from James’ set.

Big Mike was brought back out on stage to perform their duet from Idol, Bryan Adam’s “Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman.” I didn’t think that the duet was as vocally strong as it was initially on Idol, but it was still fun to see performed live.  James closed his set with The Rolling Stones’ “It’s All Over Now.” He was absolutely fantastic, from the guitar playing to the singing. James had finally got the second half of the show started.

From mythsofsisyphus on MJsBigBlog:  Mr. Pretty (Big Mike’s choice of words to describe Casey James, not mine) was exactly how you expect him to be: A freaking fantastic guitar player who also happens to sing. Perhaps this isn’t giving Casey his due credit, as his vocals were stronger than they ever managed to be on the show. I applaud Casey for divorcing himself from the negative criticism he received on the show for being too “jam band”, because the band-like quality is exactly what endeared him to the audience. I will say that I was slightly thrown off by the interjection of Don’t, but I suppose Casey’s fingers were owed a well-due rest after the bombastic electric guitar playing they did on the Black Keys number. Kudos to Casey for picking my favorite song of the evening, It’s All Over Now, which every over-forty member of the audience screamed along to (including my starstruck mother).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting...love reading/listening to anything from Casey James!

    ReplyDelete